Interested in joining the GROHS team? Spark Safety is always accepting resumes for qualified Health & Safety Professionals.
Do you want to work directly with Industry Leaders of a fast-growing, award-winning occupational health and safety business? Do you want to learn from our experience how to be the best in the industry? This is not your everyday sales and marketing role! This role is awesome!
You will conduct research and analysis to address occupational health and safety issues and policy development for our clients in multiple industries such as construction and manufacturing.
You will apply your in-depth knowledge of current trends, issues, programs, legislation, policies and standards regarding occupational health and safety to assist our clients.
You will use your excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to work directly with clients, presenting information and responding to questions/providing advice.
What qualities are we looking for?
- 5+ years’ experience consulting in occupational health and safety.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP).
- Certified Health and Safety Consultant (CHSC) and / or National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) are preferred.
- Membership in Canadian Society for Safety and Engineering (CSSE) is preferred.
- Thorough working knowledge of related legislation, codes, standards and guidelines.
- Ability to introduce and effectively facilitate change.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, support and critical analysis in stressful, complex workplaces and sometimes emotional situations.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a supportive, respectful and inclusive work environment.
- Ability to lead with focus, including strong planning, prioritizing and project management skills.
- Attitude and presence…we like the optimistic team players who have the confidence to take initiative, challenge the status quo.
- You are ecstatic about current, past, and future customers!
- You have excellent communication skills and collaborate with people with diversity.
- You have top-shelf organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- You never go anywhere without your company colours, laptop and phone, and you know how to use them. Especially like Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Google!
- Willingness and ability to travel.