What You'll Learn
A basic one-day course designed to introduce caregivers to Child injury prevention skills and knowledge. The course covers lifesaving first aid skills and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR and AED) for children, and babies. The course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial early childhood education and day care worker safety requirements.
Who Should Attend
All individuals working in as child caregivers or child babysitting
Upon completion of this course the trainee should be able to:
- Understand childhood injuries
- Recognise the attitudes, knowledge and skills required by child caregivers in their work to prevent or deal with injuries
- Demonstrate skills of Child First Aid and CPR.
- Introduction to child safety and injury prevention
- Responding to Emergencies
- Circulation Emergencies
- CPR and AED
- Splints and Slings
- Diabetic Emergencies
- Control measures: Active and Positive Supervision, Safe Space Consideration, Preventive Policies and Procedures.
Group Training Discounts
|Group Training Discount||Discount|
- Participants must be from the same organization.
- Participants must register for the same course.
However, course dates and locations can vary.
- Registrations must be received by Spark Safety at
the same time.
- N/A – based on Canadian Red Cross program and current best practices.
- Participant Manual