Electrical Safety Awareness Training for Non-Electrical Workers
In-class / En classe, Online / En ligne, Virtual Classroom / classe virtuelle
What You'll Learn
This training course is based on the latest industry Standards and Regulations. It focuses on workplace electrical safety and the identification of electrical hazards of arc flash and shock for workers who work alongside electrical workers, but do not actually perform energized electrical work tasks (Non-Electrical Workers).
Who Should Attend
All workers who work alongside electrical workers but do not perform energized electrical work tasks:
- OH&S professionals
- Operators (e.g. plant, building, other)
- Insulators, etc.
- Enhance personal safety.
- Eliminate or mitigate electrical hazards and reduce risk.
- Understand OH&S obligations (e.g. due diligence) for employer and employee.
- Respect (not fear) electricity in the workplace and at home.
- Module 1: Course Introduction
- Module 2: General Workplace Electrical Safety
- Module 3: Canadian Standards and Regulations overview, and CSA Z462 Workplace electrical safety Standard
- Module 4: Electrical Specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Tools, & Equipment
- Module 5: Summary of the Course
- Course Test
Group Training Discounts
|Group Training Discount||Discount|
- Participants must be from the same organization.
- Participants must register for the same course.
However, course dates and locations can vary.
- Registrations must be received by Spark Safety at
the same time.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Canadian Electrical Code/National Electrical Code
- CSA Z462 Workplace electrical safety/NPFA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- Participant Manual