Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP)
What You'll Learn
Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP) training course will provide operators with the knowledge and skills they will need to operate MEWPs. This course will provide an understanding of the hazards associated with operating aerial lifting devices, the proper inspection and safe operation of the device. Includes a practical evaluation.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for all workers who are authorized to operate elevated work platforms.
Upon completion of this course the trainee should be able to:
- Understand the different types of MEWP
- Understand the hazards of MEWP use
- Demonstrate appropriate pre-use checks on an MEWP and complete a checklist
- Use the correct anchor point on an MEWP and don an appropriate safety harness
- Maneuverer an MEWP safely – raising, lowering, traversing appropriately.
- Legislation: Role and responsibilities as per The Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Types of MEWPs
- Equipment Features and limitations
- The manufacturer’s Manual
- Pre-operation Safety Inspection
- Safe Operating Procedure: instruction in and a hands-on demonstration of the proper use of all controls
- Battery Service and Charging
- MEWP basic hazards and Leading Causes of Injuries
- Practical session
Group Training Discounts
|Group Training Discount||Discount|
- Participants must be from the same organization.
- Participants must register for the same course.
However, course dates and locations can vary.
- Registrations must be received by Spark Safety at
the same time.
- CSA-B354.7:17 – Mobile elevating work platforms – Safety principles, inspection, maintenance and operation
- CSA-B354.8:17 – Mobile elevating work platforms – Operator (driver) training
- Participant Manual