Forklift Safety Training
In-class / En classe, Virtual Classroom / classe virtuelle, Blended / Mixte (en classe / en ligne)
What You'll Learn
This course trains participants how to become a safe and efficient forklift operator. It encompasses theory, hands-on operation, knowledge and practical evaluation.
Who Should Attend
All workers who use a forklift / lift-truck.
- Forklift Operators
- Warehouse staff
- Freight Handlers
- Recognize an employer’s responsibilities for ensuring workers are competent in operating a forklift
- Differentiate types of operating hazards
- List the steps involved in conducting a pre-operation inspection
- Identify the overall considerations for operating a forklift
- Describe the requirements for loading and unloading
- Define safe use for various forklift components
- Summarize basic safe operating procedures
- Describe the employers’ requirements for preventing injury during forklift operation
- Course Introduction
- Related Government legislation
- Forklift Training Certification Safety Video
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- Identify various types of lift trucks
- Pre-operational checks
- Inspection, maintenance, and records
- Lift capacity and load limitations
- Fuel safety for both electric and propane equipment
- Safe operating procedures
Group Training Discounts
|Group Training Discount||Discount|
- Participants must be from the same organization.
- Participants must register for the same course.
However, course dates and locations can vary.
- Registrations must be received by Spark Safety at
the same time.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- The CSA Safety Standard for Lift Trucks (CSA-B335-15)
- Participant Manual