Joint Health Safety Committee – Part 1 – (JHSC)
What You'll Learn
This mandatory course provides participants with an understanding of how to recognize, assess and control workplace hazards, the rights and duties of certified members, and how to conduct effective workplace inspections and incident investigations.
Who Should Attend
Health and Safety Committee Members (including both worker and management representatives), Supervisors, Health and Safety Managers.
Upon completion of this course the trainee should be able to:
- Identify occupational health and safety legislation, demonstrate how to access information from it, and explain the basic rights, responsibilities, and training requirements
- Describe the purpose, legal requirements for, and rights, duties, and function of JHSCs and describe how a functioning JHSC works
- Describe the categories of hazards and the basic process of recognizing, assessing, and controlling hazards, and evaluating the hazard controls
- Explain hazard recognition and the process for workplace inspections and identify the legal requirements
- State the requirements for, and describe the processes for, reporting and investigating fatalities, critical injuries, work refusals, and complaints of dangerous circumstances
- Review and understand the legislative requirements for access to occupational health and safety information and demonstrate how to access typical sources of occupational health and safety information
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Internal Responsibility System
- Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Workplace Safety Inspection
- Incident Reporting and Investigation
Group Training Discounts
|Group Training Discount||Discount|
- Participants must be from the same organization.
- Participants must register for the same course.
However, course dates and locations can vary.
- Registrations must be received by Spark Safety at
the same time.
The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Guides to WHMIS, JHSC, Etc.
- Participant manual