Joint Health Safety Committee – Refresher – (JHSC)
What You'll Learn
Training includes a review of key concepts in Part 1 and 2 of JHSC certification along with updates to legislation, standards, and best practices. The standard requires a Refresher every three (3) years to maintain your certification status. JHSC Refresher Training is required to maintain JHSC certification for anyone who became certified after March 1, 2016.
Who Should Attend
Health and Safety Committee Members (including both worker and management representatives), Supervisors, Health and Safety Managers.
Upon completion of this course the trainee should be able to:
- Describe key concepts of part one and part two training including the process of how to recognize, assess and control hazards, and evaluate the hazard controls
- Describe changes or updates to relevant legislation, standards, codes of practice and occupational health and safety best practices
- share JHSC best practices, and to discuss JHSC challenges and potential resolutions
- Review roles and responsibilities of JHSC members
- Review hazard recognition, assessment, control and evaluation of control measures concept and process.
- JHSC best practices for specific workplaces
Group Training Discounts
|Group Training Discount||Discount|
- Participants must be from the same organization.
- Participants must register for the same course.
However, course dates and locations can vary.
- Registrations must be received by Spark Safety at
the same time.
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- Participant manual