In-class / En classe, Blended / Mixte (en classe / en ligne)
What You'll Learn
This course trains participants how to become a safe and efficient crane operator.
It encompasses Classroom training, hands on demonstration of crane operation with emphasis on safe operating procedures and practices, practical evaluation and written test and review.
Who Should Attend
Personnel who operate mobile crane hoisting devices and require proof of training
- Recognize an employer’s responsibilities for ensuring workers are competent in operating a crane
- Differentiate types of operating hazards
- List the steps involved in conducting a pre-operation inspection
- Identify the overall considerations for operating a crane
- Describe the requirements for loading and unloading
- Define safe use for various crane components
- Summarize basic safe operating procedures
- Describe the employers’ requirements for preventing injury during crane operation
- Interpretation of relevant Regulations and the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Manufacturers’ operating manuals
- Craning and hand signals
- Work area inspection
- Pre-operational checks
- Set up and stability
- Operation of the boom
- Load charts
- Load materials and equipment relocation
- Field practice – an evaluated demonstration of operating skill
Group Training Discounts
|Group Training Discount||Discount|
- Participants must be from the same organization.
- Participants must register for the same course.
However, course dates and locations can vary.
- Registrations must be received by Spark Safety at
the same time.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- CSA Z150-11 Safety Code on Mobile Cranes