What You'll Learn
This course meets all of Health Canada’s training requirements under the Hazardous Products Regulations, for all persons involved in handling workplace chemicals.
WHMIS online course (formerly known as WHMIS 2015) centres around 5 WHMIS stories, which bring in real life events, told by real people in real workplaces. The video, animations, engaging games and skill building exercises will make for an engaging interactive learning experience. Our course centres on elements that ensure the information is understood, retained and easily resourced.
A final exam to complete the course and a printable certificate along with a shareable Digital Badge is issued upon completion. Free printable resources are included such as our WHMIS sample label, poster, sample SDS, glossary and a workplace exercise sheet for additional training.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to help employers and employees working with hazardous materials at their workplaces. This course is suitable for workers in organizations of all sizes, in industries and occupations where hazardous products are found.
Upon completion of this course the trainee should be able to:
- Understand labels
- Recognize the pictograms (symbols) and understand the hazards that they represent
- Identify the hazards represented by each hazard class
- Find additional information about hazards and protective measures on SDSs.
- Overview of WHMIS
- Overview of hazard groups and classes
- Physical hazards
- Health hazards
- Safety data sheets (SDSs)
Group Training Discounts
|Group Training Discount||Discount|
- Participants must be from the same organization.
- Participants must register for the same course.
However, course dates and locations can vary.
- Registrations must be received by Spark Safety at
the same time.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- WHMIS Regulation
- Participant Manual