Working Safely Around Electricity
In-class / En classe, Virtual Classroom / classe virtuelle
What You'll Learn
This course explains the dangers of working around energized low voltage and high voltage conductors.
Who Should Attend
All individuals working in close proximity to ground or overhead electrical power lines.
Upon completion of this course the trainee should be able to:
- Identify key electrical hazards
- Contrast the different hazards associated with low voltage and high voltage electricity
- Contrast controls used to reduce the risks associated with working near electricity
- Implement safe work practices when working around overhead powerlines
- Key Electrical hazards.
- Dangers of contact with low voltage electricity, common problems, and safe work practices.
- Dangers of contact with low voltage electricity and working safely around powerlines.
- Dangers of contact with high voltage electricity, common problems, and safe work practices.
- Common Problem Areas
- Construction sites near powerlines
- Using equipment near powerlines
- Travelling under power lines
- Pruning or falling trees near power lines
- Underground Activities.
Group Training Discounts
|Group Training Discount||Discount|
- Participants must be from the same organization.
- Participants must register for the same course.
However, course dates and locations can vary.
- Registrations must be received by Spark Safety at
the same time.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Construction Regulations