Working At Heights – Full Day Training
March 29 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$195
Comprehensive one-day course offering basic fall prevention information required to work safely in areas where workers may be exposed to fall hazards. This course combines theoretical knowledge as well as practical, hands-on training and evaluation. Students will understand the risks of working near fall hazards, how to evaluate protective methods for different scenarios, and proper selection and use of personal protective equipment.
Additional training on the specific hazards faced, and types of equipment used on the job is required to provide additional information, instruction and training in workplace-specific policies, procedures, equipment and fall-protection systems used, including adequate oral and written instructions by a competent person.
Course Duration: Full Day (8+ Hours)*
Certification: 3 years
Course Cost: $195/person + HST
Maximum 10 participants per session.
Part 1 – Theory
- Rights and Responsibilities of Workers, Supervisors and Employers
- Identifying the Hazards of Working at Heights
- Eliminating or Controlling the Hazards of Working at Heights
- Warning Methods and Physical Barriers
- Ladders, Scaffold Systems, Elevating Work Platforms (EWPs), and Suspended Access Equipment
- Personal Fall Protection Systems and Rescue Planning
Part 2 – Practical
- Barriers and Safety Nets
- Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- Anchor Points
- Work Access Equipment and Platforms
- Rescue Planning
*Please note that the course duration varies depending on factors beyond our control (i.e. participants’ experience level, learning accommodation, etc.).